The Combined Federal Campaign of the National Capital Area (CFCNCA) today launched its 2016 campaign and associated theme—Show Some Love. The CFCNCA is the annual workplace giving opportunity for Federal employees in the Washington Metropolitan Area. In 2015, Federal employees gave more than $46 million through the CFCNCA to support local, national and international charities. This year’s goal is $47 million.
“I am truly inspired by the generosity of my fellow Federal employees and am excited about what we will do together this year to support charities doing amazing work in the U.S. and abroad,” said Vince Micone, Chairperson of the Local Federal Coordinating Committee that oversees the CFCNCA. “Through this year’s campaign, we will help to educate the next generation, support our veterans, make significant advances in medical research and so much more.”
This year’s theme encourages Federal employees to Show Some Love to the causes that mean the most to them. With more than 18,000 participating charities, the campaign gives donors the option to support the causes they are passionate about by donating to the charities of their choice.
Benefits of giving through the CFCNCA include:
- Federal employees can give to multiple charities at once.
- Donations may be tax deductible.
- Payroll deduction allows donors to give a little each month, adding up to a significant gift at the end of the year.
- Charities like the CFC because it keeps fundraising costs low, and the funds are unrestricted.
- The campaign has a collective impact, allowing Federal employees to join with their co-workers to support those in need locally, nationally and globally.
The social media component will bring fun to the campaign with a focus around four Show Some Love days—September 21, October 11, November 1, and November 21—when Federal employees and the public will be encouraged, for example, to show some dance moves in support of the campaign or perform a random act of kindness. Federal employees are also being asked to use #ShowSomeLoveCFC to help spread awareness of the campaign.
Federal employees who wish to donate or learn more about the campaign should visit cfcnca.org.