Funding Available from Project C.O.R.E., Community Legacy, the Strategic Demolition Fund and the Baltimore Regional Neighborhood Initiative
The Maryland Department of Housing and Community Development is announcing the FY18 application round for four available State Revitalization Programs – Project C.O.R.E. (Creating Opportunities for Renewal and Enterprise), Community Legacy, Strategic Demolition Fund – Statewide (all non-Baltimore City) and the Baltimore Regional Neighborhood Initiative.
These programs offer funding to support local housing, community and economic development and revitalization projects. They are part of the department’s commitment to helping the state’s local governments and nonprofit agencies achieve their community revitalization and economic development goals.
Specifically, Governor Hogan’s Fiscal Year 2018 budget items, approved by the Maryland General Assembly, include the following:
- Project C.O.R.E.: $10 million capital funds
- Community Legacy: $6 million capital funds
- Strategic Demolition Fund – Statewide: $3.5 million capital funds
- Baltimore Regional Neighborhood Initiative: $8 million capital funds and $750,000 operating funds
The online State Revitalization Program application will not open until May 8, 2017, at which time applicants will have access to the application under the “My Opportunities” tab within the Project Portal System at http://projectportal.dhcd.state.md.us. Eligible applicants who are new users must register to the system to gain access. Applications are due June 8, 2017.
Applicant organizations must serve communities that include designated Sustainable Community areas (http://dhcd.maryland.gov/Communities/Pages/dn/) and projects or initiatives that themselves align with local Sustainable Community Action Plans.
Additional program information is found on the following websites:
- Project C.O.R.E.: http://dhcd.maryland.gov/ProjectCORE/
- Community Legacy: http://dhcd.maryland.gov/Communities/Pages/programs/CL.aspx
- Strategic Demolition Fund: http://dhcd.maryland.gov/Communities/Pages/programs/SDF.aspx
- Baltimore Regional Neighborhood Initiative: http://dhcd.maryland.gov/Communities/Pages/programs/BRNI.aspx