DC Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) announced that all recreation/community centers, administrative offices and indoor aquatic facilities will operate on the following schedule for the winter holiday season:
All DPR facilities will be closed on:
- Sunday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Monday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Sunday, December 31 (New Year’s Eve)
- Monday, January 1 (New Year’s Day)
- The permits office will be closed on the above listed dates and no new permits will be issued on this date. All grass fields are closed for the season. Parks, playgrounds and synthetic fields will be open for general use, however gated locations will remain locked. Previously permitted events on unlocked synthetic fields can take place as scheduled.
- All DPR recreation/community centers and aquatic facilities will operate on their normal schedule on Saturday, December 23; December 26 – 30; and January 2, 2017.
- DPR’s Winter Wondercamp will operate one session during the DC Public School (DCPS) winter break from December 26 – 29, 2017; and registration is required. For more information, please visit DPR’s Winter Wondercamp.