The Metropolitan Police Department (MPD) is gearing up to host its ninth cohort of the Community Engagement Academy. This free, fun, and interactive session series provides insight into the way MPD works and covers topics such as:
- The Recruit Training Program
- Common Policing Scenarios and Challenge
- Juvenile Issues and Youth Investigations
- Patrol Services and take Station Tours
- Specialized Policing Units (e.g., K-9, bomb squad, harbor patrol)
- The Use of Force Discussion
- Various Policing Topics from Command Staff Members
This is a great way to connect your local police department, learn about its operations, and interact with your fellow citizens over topics of mutual interest.
The Community Engagement Academy is kicking off on March 7th at 7pm. For those of you interested in attending, more information can be found here: https://joinmpd.dc.gov/volunteer-program-page/community-engagement-academy. You can fill out an interest card on the website. For those of you who have already attended, please be sure to recommend this fantastic program to your fellow DC residents and citizens! Applications will be accepting on a rolling basis until the cohort is filled. Please email Amy Costanzo at email@example.com for a full schedule of dates and times.