A new middle school, unofficially referred to as ‘New North MS’ or ‘Coolidge MS’, will open on the campus of Coolidge HS in SY19 – 20. DCPS is asking the public to submit nominations to officially name the school that will serve the Brightwood, LaSalle-Backus, Takoma and Whittier school communities. This public process is driven by the DCPS school naming policy you can find online. DCPS will be looking for a name that lends prestige to an institution of learning, symbolizes a contribution to society and local community and reflects the DCPS mission and values. The instructions and form to submit your nomination can be found here in English and Spanish. If you have questions about the process, please contact the DCPS school planning team: firstname.lastname@example.org. DCPS will have parent and community boards to advise them next year. You can sign up to be on one of these boards here. The deadline is Friday, June 22nd. Here are the dates for some additional sessions offered by OSSE on the School Report Card.
- Share Your Thoughts On New Name For Coolidge Middle & High School, Other Opportunities For Education Engagement
- Metro Reminds Customers of Upcoming Summer Improvement Projects That Will Affect Rail Service
- DSLBD Seeking Applications To Operate & Manage 2019 Clean Team Program For Riggs Rd/South Dakota Ave, NE
- More Child Care Seats Are Coming: Mayor Bowser Kicks Off Renovations at Historic Stevens School
- Nike Community Store in Ivy City to Give $50,000 to Local Organizations Through the Nike Community Impact Fund